Shadow

TERRORISM /CRIME

Armed Fulanis Killed 33 In Fresh Southern Kaduna Attack In Nigeria

Armed Fulanis Killed 33 In Fresh Southern Kaduna Attack In Nigeria

NEWS, TERRORISM /CRIME
The Southern Kaduna Peoples Union has said that contrary to the claim by the police, 33 persons were on Wednesday and Thursday killed by Fulani militia in some villages in Zango Kataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State. The Kaduna State Police Command had claimed that 21 natives of the area lost their lives during the attack by the bandits. The affected communities are identified as Apyia’Shyim, A’Piako, Atak’Mawei, and Kibori, all in Atyap Chiefdom of Zangon Kataf LGA. Speaking on the fresh killings, the National Public Relations Officer of the SOKAPU, Mr. Luka Binniyat, said in a statement titled, ‘33 killed in Zango Kataf in Kaduna on Thursday’ that prior to the attack, there was intensive patrol and the security personnel enforced the 24-hour curfew, but sadly, “
Nothing new about ISIS, Al-Qaeda infiltration – DHQ replies US

Nothing new about ISIS, Al-Qaeda infiltration – DHQ replies US

TERRORISM /CRIME
The Defence Headquarters has said that the reported activities of the Islamic State and Al-Qaeda terrorist groups in West Africa is not new. It stated that the Nigerian security forces were conscious of their operations and had been working to contain them. The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj. Gen. John Enenche, said this at a briefing in Abuja on Thursday while reacting to the warning by the Commander, United States Special Operations Command Africa, Maj. Gen. Dagvin Anderson, on Tuesday. He stated that the commander’s alert was merely a call to sustain the onslaught against Boko Haram terrorists and their allies. Anderson had cautioned that the Islamic State and Al-Qaeda terrorist groups were exploiting the COVID-19 pandemic and gradually taking over the
Nigerian Air Force expects 12 combat aircraft to battle Boko Haram

Nigerian Air Force expects 12 combat aircraft to battle Boko Haram

TERRORISM /CRIME
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) said it is expecting the delivery of 12 additional combat aircraft to be deployed in the fight against Boko Haram. The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, made this known Wednesday while on operational visit to the 407 Air Combat Training Group (407 ACTG) Kainji, Niger. “We are expecting additional aircraft paid by the Federal Government,” he said. Abubakar, after inspecting the projects, also said the Service is expecting the delivery of the Super Tucano aircraft. He said that the Super Tucano is particularly important in the fight against insurgency. The CAS was also briefed on the progress of work on the ongoing Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM) of the Alpha Jets, the activation of the aircraft and the Engine.
Bad Eggs In Nigerian Army Behind Lingering Boko Haram Attacks In Northeast

Bad Eggs In Nigerian Army Behind Lingering Boko Haram Attacks In Northeast

POLITICS, TERRORISM /CRIME
Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Zulum, has said that the explanation given to him by the military field commanders on the attack on his convoy and general security situation in Baga town was not acceptable to the government and people of the state. Zulum, who spoke to newsmen in Maiduguri on his experience during his trip to Baga, the fishing town in Borno, said he was saddened with what he saw and experienced in Baga. He, therefore, called on the people of the state to rise up in support of the government and against saboteurs in the military through collective efforts in order to win the ongoing fight against insurgency in the northeast. Zulum told newsmen that there are over 500 people in Kukawa town when he arrived and the government was able to distribute food...
Army sacks 300 soldiers for desertion and inconsistency

Army sacks 300 soldiers for desertion and inconsistency

POLITICS, TERRORISM /CRIME
The Nigerian Army has dismissed over 300 soldiers from service for deserting the Operation Lafiya Dole counter-insurgency campaign in the North-East and going away without leave, among other allegations. Findings by our correspondent revealed that the men were disengaged by their unit commanders between 2015 and 2016. Investigations showed that some of the soldiers were also discharged for certificate forgery, age fraud, inconsistent Bank Verification Number and other conduct deemed inappropriate by the various unit commanders. Records obtained by The PUNCH on Thursday show that 24 soldiers of the 118 Task Force Battalion, Kaura Cross, Baga, were dismissed from the military on December 13, 2015, for refusing to board an articulated truck from Maimalari cantonment to Bag...
How Soldiers Deceived Borno Governor To Boko Haram Trap

How Soldiers Deceived Borno Governor To Boko Haram Trap

POLITICS, TERRORISM /CRIME
In a related development, the Special Adviser on Media to the governor, Isa Gusau said that the governor almost lost his life based on the information provided by soldiers that they had liberated Baga. He stated, “I was not there physically. The governor was heading to Baga from Munguno because the soldiers told him they had liberated Baga from the control of Boko Haram.”Gusau while speaking in an interview on the Hausa service of the British Broadcasting Corporation monitor in Kaduna on Thursday, said the governor was in good condition.
Why Buhari Must Stop Pardoning Ex-Boko Haram Insurgents – Senator Ndume

Why Buhari Must Stop Pardoning Ex-Boko Haram Insurgents – Senator Ndume

TERRORISM /CRIME
The senator representing Borno south, Ali Ndume, has kicked against the reintegration of former Boko Haram fighters into the society. At least 600 former insurgents completed a de-radicalisation, rehabilitation and reintegration (DRR) programme in July this year. But during an interview on BBC Hausa, Ndume warned the government to stop rehabilitating them, because they will never repent. “This government’s programme is unacceptable to our people. The right thing is to stop it, forthwith. “They are like Kharajites. Many among those released have since run away. They will never repent. “The government should know what to do about them. But not re-introducing someone to you, who has killed your parent, or your relations,” Ndume said. The military had in 2016 launche
Boko Haram Open Fire On Nigerian Governor’s Convoy

Boko Haram Open Fire On Nigerian Governor’s Convoy

TERRORISM /CRIME
Boko Haram fighters on Wednesday opened fire on the convoy of Babagana Zulum, governor of Borno State, SaharaReporters has gathered. Security sources said that the insurgents attacked the convoy of Zulum at Baga town. Sahara Reporters Media The attack comes three months after Ali Modu Sheriff, a former governor of the state, was attacked by the sect along Maiduguri-Damaturu Highway. At least five persons including three policemen were killed in the incident.
Murder of American Soldier In Nigeria: Police arrest killers 41 months after

Murder of American Soldier In Nigeria: Police arrest killers 41 months after

TERRORISM /CRIME
The Nigerian Police have announced a breakthrough in their investigation of the murder of Nigerian-born American soldier, Oscar Chukwuneke Okebata who was killed by hoodlums in January 2017. Chuks Okebata, as he was fondly called, came home for holidays in December 2016, leaving his wife and two children in the U.S. But on 12 January 2017, he was abducted from his country home at Umuduruorie Umuomumu Mbieri in Mbaitoli LGA of Imo state. His abductors fatally shot him. Reports at the time said four suspects were arrested. But on Wednesday, the police announced in Abuja that they have arrested the real killers, after intensive manhunt. The Police said they arrested one Udodiri Bright aka Ability a 30 year-old native of Osuachara Village, Isiala Mbano LGA of I...
BREAKING: Nigeria Man butchers wife, two children to death

BREAKING: Nigeria Man butchers wife, two children to death

TERRORISM /CRIME
By Taiwo Okanlawon A nurse Tunde Oyeniran, has allegedly hacked his wife and two children to death in Inisa town, Osun State. According to Punch, Oyeniran, allegedly perpetrated the act on Friday, around 11pm, using a cutlass to kill his wife, Sarah, and the other two victims. Oyediran after killing his family, cut his hands and stomach with the cutlass and called for help saying they were attacked by assailants. The Osun State Police Public Relations Officer, Yemisi Opalola, said Oyeniran was arrested where he was receiving treatment. She said preliminary investigation revealed a foul play, adding that the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department was already investigating the matter. Opalola said, “From the information available to us, the inci